The gear I use

Being a photographer and videographer, I have a bit of gear. I do not have to top notch gear, but I have what I need to get by on my shoots.

This is my current setup: 
  • Canon 60D - Got it used with only 12.000 clicks on the shutter for like 600 USD (which is cheap here in Denmark where it is almost 1700 USD new)
  • Canon 550D - My beloved first camera. I used it until January 2014 and still use it as a backup / second camera. 
  • Canon 28-105 USM - I needed a new lens back in the summer. My beloved 18-55 broke down and I did not have a lot of money. So I got that lens for about 200 USD and have been loving it since. Of course I want to upgrade to some L og cine glas, but I get by. 
  • Canon 50 mm 1.8 - Because.... IT IS GREAT! For no money you get a sharp sharp lens and it is just great for photography. 'nuff said!
  • Samyang 8 mm 3.5 fisheye - Got it back in 2012. It now has scratches on the glas, but when I use it right, you wont notice. 
  • Sigma 70-300 4.5-5.6 - Got it in Thailand in 2011. My second lens. I lend it to a friend months ago because I don't ever use it. I don't need it that much and i don't like the quality

    So that was my camera and lenses. Now my audio gear. 
  • Røde videomic pro - This mic has been used so much. It has an almost broken cable but it can still be used. I "stole" (not really, borrowed) a videomic stereo from my school which I use now until I get a new one. 
  • Senheizer g2 wireless set - A lav, a handheld and a reciver. Old but gold. Most of the video I have done, has been interview / doc and this set has served me well.

    My sticks, rig and so forth. 
  • Oben sticks - Don't remember the model. Got it cheap of of B&H. They work fine for my set up and they are easy to pack down and travel. Love them. 
  • Vanguard video head - Don't remember the model. Got it for christmas and I love it. 'nuff said. 
  • Koolertron slider - Once again, got it for christmas. Love it, use it a lot, it is great and cheap.
  • Vanguard Nivello 204 - My mini tripod. It almost can't support my 60D, but it just works. I bring it EVERYWHERE! I use it at school where I do photography or video every single day. It's great not walking with a heavy tripod all the time, 'nuff said. 
  • Some cheap monopod - 15 USD at wallmart. I use it as a walk around lightstand when I have an assistant or if I really need to have a monopod. My father is working with it in germany right now, he has better use for it than me. 
  • Dot line video rig - 140 USD in samy's when I was in cali in the summer, I think yes! I got it, I love it, I use it all the time. Great great great little rig for a light DSLR.

    My misc. gear.
  • Kingston 16 gb class 10
  • Kingston 8 gb class 10 
  • Kingston 4 gb class 10
  • DLC videolight - Cheap and usefull. 
  • Lenspen 
  • Cloths
  • Senheizer hd 220

    For all my editing I use.
  • MacBook pro 2011 4gb ram 2.5 gh
  • Final Cut pro x
  • Premier pro cs6
  • HitFilm 2 express
  • Lightroom 5
  • Photoshop CC
  • iMovie
  • WD my passport 1 tb. 
My 550D, Røde VideoMic, DLC videolight and some extra lamps. 

My MacBook pro editing set up while I was at the canary islands. 

My 550D on my Koolertron slider with my Vanguard head. 

My Canon 60D on a cheapo tripod.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A typical shoot set up

This weekends shoots

Shooting a work process