Shooting a work process

I am a student at a technical high school here in Copenhagen and we do a lot of projects. Usually we do written logs, which is a long, depressing process where we often forget to write things down, which leads to mistakes in our reports (yes, we have big crafting and production projects at a high school level, one of the awesome things here in Denmark).

Anyway, I started to do a little something to help us document the process and look back after, timelapse. I have done 4-5 of these at my high school and it is awesome.

The way I shoot these timelapses is a little clunky. I have my 60D (sometimes also a GoPro and t2i). The 60D goes into my computer to the EOS utility. I shoot a picture ever either 5-15- or 30th second, depending. I started up by using my 28-105, but today I wanted to change it up, so I used my fisheye. I didn't like the look as much, but it was a very very tight space. Here are a couple of pictures of the setup:

This is from todays setup. My 60D, DLC light and fisheye. It is places on my Oben tripod with the Vanguard head and has a USB cable running to my mac. 

So here the cable goes in to my mac where it goes to the EOS utility. From there it goes out to my WD MyPassport. I do this so I have a backup of the files. All the files are medium jpg's, because they are just going in to Final Cut to get set together as a timelapse and then exported. And 200-700 raws would take up my hard drive. Plus, a medium jpg is bigger in pixels than your standard 1920 by 1080 resolution. 

Here is the full set up from the kitchen today. 

I am putting the links to two of my timelapses here for you to check out. Yes, the camera moves from time to time, but when you are in a tight space and have 30 people running around, things happen. I still get the information I need to document the process. 

Here is from todays project, where we had to make a new type of food oil that will make it easier to eat healthy.


My timelapse from a hot air ballon building project. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A typical shoot set up

This weekends shoots