A typical shoot set up

When I go shooting, I have different setups for different types of situation. I have tested out what I need for most everyday situations. 

For an example, tonight I was shooting a little video. I had to shoot a train getting in to the station. It was dark and I knew I did not have any way to set up lights. Fortunately the station was lit up by ambient light. 

I placed my self a couple of hundred meters (yes, I'm european, I use meters) away from the station and started setting up. My set up was a borrowed Manfrotto Grupo tripod from the 90's, my Koolertron slider, 60D, 28-105 and 50 mm lens. Here is a picture of the setup: 

I apoligize for the quality of the photo, it was taken with my nokia. But anyway, I used my slider with my vanguard as a jib. NOT AN EASY MOVE! But I managed.

Another type of set up I have, is a journalism set up. This set up is basic. My 60D, 28-105, Røde mic and shoulder rig. This is extremely run and gun, but it really gets the job done. Here is a picture of the set up:
This set up is from last week at an gay rights protest. I used a lens that I borrowed, the 18-135 which I love! The other camera is the Panasonic Lumix GH3 with the 14-140 mm lens. We had a lot of extra gear with us, that we are not going to bring next time, like a boom pole. 

Here is the video from the protest:


These are two of my standard set ups. Hope you enjoyed it! If you like this blog, please follow it and tell your friends :) Cheers! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This weekends shoots

Shooting a work process